David Davis Communications
Security Systems Technician – Commercial
Full Time / Hourly
David Davis Communications is a full-service technology solutions company, founded in 1983. We assist companies or organizations with all aspects of consulting, installation and support of their technology. DDC provides technology solutions in four key areas of technology: Data Networking, Voice, Security and Low-Voltage Cabling.
As a seasoned Commercial Security Installer, you will install, program, maintain, or repair security systems, access control systems, cameras, and the related wiring and equipment. The right candidate will have a minimum of 2-years’ experience in the Security system field as a hands-on installation technician.
What we Offer:
- Company provided vehicle
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time off – Holiday and Personal Days
- Company provided tools
- Comprehensive benefits package – medical, dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan, with company contribution
- Install, intrusion, CCTV, and access control security systems at various commercial locations.
- Run various wiring in crawl spaces, some confined spaces, Ariel-drops and wall drop locations.
- Terminate wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that security systems are complete and satisfy customer and contractual requirements.
- Assist and interface with the Installation Team Lead or Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
- Perform installation and repair work as designated in profitable and proper manner. Records installation time versus travel time.
- Troubleshoot new and existing system installations to ensure proper function and to ensure the systems meet local, county, state, and/or federal electrical code regulations.
- Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and present yourself in a professional manner.
- Maintain adequate inventory parts on vehicle, while maintaining a current inventory log.
- Proper documentation of new installation and service calls on all work performed.
Required Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clean driving record with a valid state driver’s license, without restrictions.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years’ proven experience installing and/or servicing security intrusion, access control, and camera systems – including programming and troubleshooting with an excellent understanding of electronic security systems platforms.
- Ability to act independently and to coordinate the work needed on a job site in the specified time allotted.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Train customer’s and explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Compliance with all safety requirements.
- Mechanical hands-on ability and experience in working with hand and power tools.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Flexibility regarding schedule.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Low Voltage Installation: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: On the road