David Davis Communications
Low Voltage Cabling Technician / Installer
Full Time / Hourly
David Davis Communications is a full-service technology solutions company, founded in 1983. We assist companies or organizations with all aspects of consulting, installation and support of their technology. DDC provides technology solutions in four key areas of technology: Data Networking, Voice, Security and Low-Voltage Cabling.
We have a unique and rewarding position available for a seasoned Low Voltage Cabling Technician / Installer professional in the Commercial market space. You will install various low voltage cabling and the end devices they connect to. This will include installing various camera systems, phone systems, access control, and various low-voltage applications. This will include and not limited to: data switches, patch panels, and all related network wiring for data infrastructures. The right candidate will have a minimum of 2-years experience.
What we Offer:
- Company provided vehicle
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time off – Holiday and Personal Days
- Company provided tools
- Comprehensive benefits package – medical, dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan, with company contribution
- Install various structured wiring networking cabling and related low voltage communication wiring and components in various commercial locations.
- Terminate wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that these systems are complete and satisfy customer and contractual requirements.
- Connect and program various camera systems, access control system, phone system, data network equipment, including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Assist and interface with the Installation Team Lead or Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
- Perform installation and repair work as designated in a profitable and proper manner. Records installation time versus travel time.
- Troubleshoot new and existing system installations to ensure proper function and to ensure the systems meet local, county, state, and/or federal electrical code regulations.
- Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and present yourself in a professional manner.
- Maintain adequate inventory parts on vehicle, while maintaining a current inventory log.
- Proper documentation of new installation and service calls on all work performed.
Required Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clean driving record with a valid state driver’s license, without restrictions.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years’ proven experience installing and terminating networking wiring in the commercial space, including CAT5e and CAT6 and other low-voltage communication system wiring. To include and not limited to, security intrusion, access control, and camera systems.
- Ability to act independently and to coordinate the work needed on a job site in the specified time allotted.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Train customer’s and explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Compliance with all safety requirements.
- Mechanical hands-on ability and experience in working with hand and power tools.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Flexibility regarding schedule.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)