David Davis Communications
Sales Engineer / Low-Voltage Communication Systems
Full Time / Salary
David Davis Communications is a full-service technology solutions company, founded in 1983. We assist companies or organizations with all aspects of consulting, installation and support of their technology. DDC provides technology solutions in four key areas of technology: Data Networking, Voice, Security and Low-Voltage Cabling.
As a seasoned Sales Engineer in the low-voltage communications industry, you will specialize in sourcing products and solutions, including preparing estimates for customers based off various product and solutions specific, but not limited to: Phone system, access control systems, camera systems, structured wiring, etc. This requires understanding all of the technical aspects of a technical product and the ability to clearly explain the solution prepared and presented to potential customers to meet their needs. Duties include phone and on-site surveys and consulting on products, explaining product features to customers during live demonstrations and negotiating terms.
What we Offer:
- Competitive Salary plus Commission
- Paid Time off – Holiday and Personal Days
- Comprehensive benefits package – medical, dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan, with company contribution
- Prepare and give technical presentations to explain to customers how the products and services work.
- Work with our customers and our sales team to ensure the equipment meets the system requirements.
- Communicate with the sales team to understand consumer demands and offer sales support where necessary.
- Translates technical requests and concerns for customers and internal team members, including field technicians.
- Presents clear and concise Scope of Work upon bid acceptance to all internal team members, including field technicians.
- Establish customer rapport and acceptance.
- Plan for modifications to products to meet consumer demands.
- Recommend new and improved products to the customers and explain how the equipment will be more cost-effective.
- Fields customer technical questions and issues; when necessary, works with various departments to resolve and provide feedback to the customer.
- Assist to secure orders, guarantee product standards, and assist in product delivery.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-years proven experience as a strong Sales Engineer in the Low-voltage industry, with clear and measurable results within a service company of similar structure.
- Strong technical background required in the low-voltage field.
- Client facing experience and business acumen.
- Proven ability to source and design products and the relates solutions.
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills, time management and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly interpersonal skillset and demonstrated behavior of thriving in a strong cross-functional team environment.
- The ability to assess performance on the solutions quoted and aim to optimize the return on investment (ROI)
- Proficient knowledge of various quoting platforms that include parts, labor, materials, and key descriptors of the solutions presented.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize and monitor interconnected projects
- Experience with various ERP and quoting system platforms
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude and demonstrate the initiative to succeed.
- Must be able to critically think through, assess situations, and work independently.
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and comprehend the overall concept while paying attention to detail.
- Flexibility is expected. Ability to work in Team situations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday